Saturday, February 5, 2011

Getting Ready!

I can't wait to get stocked for the retail shop's opening on April 1st! I can already picture in my mind a whole store full of fabulous yarns, cool tools, beautiful buttons and nifty notions!


There are only two things standing in the way: Tennessee weather and the Chinese New Year.


We're expecting bad weather again this week, which will prevent us from meeting with the rep of one of our core yarn suppliers. I don't know about you, but Sunny has had quite enough of Winter Weather, thank you very much.


I never realized what a big deal the Chinese New Year is until I visited Singapore last year. It isn't just parades with giant paper animals, and pretty flowers everywhere. EVERYTHING comes to a grinding halt for a week while the "Spring Festival" is on. This is a family time for the Chinese--shops and factories close, everyone goes home for a week of feasting and visiting, very much like our Christmas holiday celebrations.


So, Sunny will have to be patient for the moment. We'll work on other projects, like getting ready for the big Membership Drive Kick-off Meeting on February 21st!

1 comment:

  1. Great post SUNNY!!! People probably think I'm SUNNY, but I'm not!! Hmmmm.....the mystery of Who Is SUNNY really? ;-) Hey, that could be a contest - LOL!!

    ReplyDelete